SCOUTBOOK / INTERNET ADVANCEMENT
Scoutbook / Internet Advancement
Internet advancement is a tool for units to report youth advancements, awards, and merit badges. Scoutbook is the BSA’s online unit management tool and helps Scouts, parents and leaders track advancement and milestone achievements along the Scouting trail. The new domain is https://scoutbook.scouting.org.
- Scouts, parents, and leaders can view Scout’s official BSA advancement record anytime.
- The unit can make adjustments as necessary without contacting council.
- It automatically keeps the unit in compliance with BSA advancement reporting requirements.
- When a Scout moves, their advancement record follows them.
Internet advancement is now submitted at My.Scouting.org. You do not need to create a new account; your password is the same as myscouting.org. Use the URL https://my.scouting.org and not www.my.scouting.org.
Internet Advancement Access
The unit key 3 (charter organization representative, committee chair, unit leader), key 3 delegates, and unit advancement chair listed in Organization Security Manager (My.Scouting) will be able to enter the advancement updates. Every year after the recharter has been submitted and processed, one of the unit key 3 needs to go into Organization Security Manager to ensure that the unit key 3 are properly registered, and the unit advancement chair has been designated.
How to access Internet Advancement
End users will access Internet Advancement via one of the following locations using their my.Scouting credentials:
- From the Legacy Tools menu in my.Scouting.org.
- From the current Internet Advancement platform
How to Enter Advancement Reports
Before beginning internet advancement, collect all member information, including advancement records, award records, and merit badge applications with the appropriate signatures. To complete internet advancement, you must be connected to a printer to print the final report.
- Units should submit advancements online monthly, or more often if needed. At the end of the year, make sure all advancements are submitted by December 31st so accurate Journey to Excellence (JTE) advancement statistics will be accurate for your unit and district.
- The unit advancement chair or designee accesses Internet Advancement in one of four ways.
- Enter advancement records by clicking on Roster from the menu on the left, then selecting a Scout and Record Advancement.
- Run a report for the Scout Shop by selecting Run Report, then Scout Shop Report.
- Click Generate Report to get the report to bring take to the Scout Shop. Right-click and select print report for a hard copy.
Scoutbook is a web application designed for mobile devices. Scoutbook delivers a suite of easy-to-use web-based tools that are helpful to Scouts, parents and unit leaders and enables units to better communicate, update records, track advancement and manage activities. Scoutbook subscriptions are free for all units. Scoutbook replaces internet advancement.