May 17 -19 & June 1-2, 2024
(Must attend both sessions)
$50 deposit at registration
Balance due April 17th, 2024
The California Inland Empire presents, WOOD BADGE, The BSA’s Premier Adult Leader Training!
Attend training that takes you far beyond your basic leader training? Build your skills in communication, conflict management and teaching methods? WOOD BADGE’s training rivals many corporate level trainings. Wood Badge is an advanced, national leadership course open only to Scouting volunteers and professionals. Scouters come from Cub Scouting, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouts, and Exploring. All district and council Scouters are welcome and belong here. At WOOD BADGE we will teach and help you develop your skills at:
- Methods and Aims of Scouting
- Managing conflict
- Leading change
- Stages of team development
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Leadership for different stages
- Servant leadership
- Project planning
- And more!
These come to you in presentations, games, discussions, activities, and other methods. Why do you want to go? You want to participate in a Wood Badge course because of the things you will learn and do. Some of the benefits of attending WOOD BADGE:
- Stronger units. You will make your Scouting unit — and your sons’ and daughters’ units — stronger.
- What and why of Scouting. You will have a deeper understanding of what Scouting is and why we do it.
- You will learn and experience things that will stay with you in Scouting and the rest of your life.
- You will have fun and you will meet interesting people.
- Other groups. You can use these skills to make your other groups, such as work, church, even family, stronger.
Have you heard of “The Ticket” and wondered what it is? The ticket is a group of five goals you set for yourself to do after course, to improve your unit. You will learn more about this on the course.
Purpose of Wood Badge
The purpose of Wood Badge is to develop skilled leaders who can strengthen Scouting units in achieving the mission of the Boy Scouts of America. This training is for ALL ADULT SCOUTERS
Contact the Course Director: Joseph Cleary