International Scouting Page
The International Scouting Committee sets up a communications and organizational plan that will make it possible to keep the Council membership informed of the opportunities for program enrichment in the area of international Scouting.
Goals and Objectives
- In coordination with the C.I.E.C. leadership, make an effort to see that an International emphasis is included in unit and Council programs.
- To provide the opportunity to Council members to become familiar with International program enrichment services available, such as youth exchange programs, European Camp Staff Program, International Camp Staff Program, Council International Camporees, International Scout exhibits at Council-wide events, International training seminars for adults, and World Jamborees.
- Promote and assist with the recruitment of prospective Scouts to the European Camp Staff Program.
- To promote and assist Council leadership with arrival, hosting, and departure of any International Scouts participating in the International Camp Staff Program.
- Promote and assist Council with World Scout Jamboree recruitment.
- Advise and assist unit leaders who are planning International activities.
- Promote and conduct World Friendship Fund collections at summer camps, Blue and Gold banquets, training courses, etc.
- Promote and assist with planning and participating in the Jamboree-on-the Air (JOTA) and Jamboree-on-the Internet (JOTI).
- Promote and assist with the nomination of quality youth to represent BSA in tours and exchanges with other Scout associations.